Feel like getting creative this summer? If you live near or are visiting The Ring (Worcestershire’s 21 mile network of canals and waterways), you are invited to submit your art, writing or music to this blog and share it online. There are fabulous prizes to be won, including a tent from Olpro!
Here’s how it works:
- Visit part of The Ring network
- Create something based on your visit which belongs to one of the following categories:• Photography
• Poetry & Creative Writing
• Drawing, Painting & Mixed media
• Film, Sound & Music
- Submit your response by email or social media: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be posted online by our artist blog curator. Please include your name, age and a title for your work. If entering via social media post an image or video of your work, and tag @theringworcs using hashtag #TheRing21.
- Here are the criteria for submissions if emailing. Please read carefully!
IMAGES: No more than three per submission, must be 72dpi / RGB and under 1mb in size.
FILM & SOUND: Please upload your work to youtube, vimeo or soundcloud and send us a link to share. All appropriate entries will be shared online.
Please submit your work by 30th September 2018!
• Abberley 2 man tent, kindly donated by Olpro
• Signed copies of “The Muck and Shovel Brigade” by The Ring poet, Heather Wastie for every winner
• Two bags packed with Canal & River Trust goodies
• A selection of artist materials, kindly donated by PSW Art Supplies
• A stationary pack, kindly donated by The Hive
• There’s also a £50 prize for one lucky person who provides us with feedback on their experiences of The Ring by completing our survey by 30th September!